World Spine Day will take place on October 16, 2017 and the selected theme is “Your Back in Action”. The focus this year will be on the importance of body awareness and activities that promote a healthy spine.
Did you know….
• 45% of women and 37% of men spend less than 30 minutes a day up on their feet at work.
• According to the National Health Services, it is recommended to exercise for 150 minutes a week.
• Older adults, with poor mobility, should perform physical activity to enhance balance and prevent falls on three or more days per week.
• 86% of Canadians agree that children and youth do not get enough physical activity.
• Aerobic activity should be performed in bouts of at least a 10 minute duration.
• More than 50% of people regularly eat lunch at their desk.
Here are some excellent links to read more about your spinal health:
• Pain changes everything. Chiropractic care changes pain. #chirochangespain chirochangespain.ca
• This October 16 is World Spine Day! Read how chiropractors are changing the lives of Canadians www.chirochangespain.ca
• Read the stories about how pain changes the lives of Canadians and how chiropractic care changes that pain. www.chirochangespain.ca
• Straighten Up and Move this year for #worldspineday www.worldspinedaycanada.ca
• Visit www.worldspinedaycanada.ca and learn more about how you can #straightenupandmove