Julia Fountain ND
The blood is the main transport system within your body, carrying oxygen and nutrients to your organs, and eliminating toxins and carbon dioxide out of your body. It also carries hormones and other metabolic regulators to maintain normal body function. The circulating immune cells determine your response to allergens, inflammation and infection.
Live cell microscopy gives us the opportunity to view your blood in ‘real time’, to assess this critical component of body terrain and provide an overview of clinical progress and next steps.
What can be seen with Live Cell Microscopy?
• Nutritional deficiencies reflected in blood cells
• Signs of inflammation
• Immune function
• Levels of oxidative stress
• Signs of the presence of infections
• Signs of food intolerances
• Blood fat levels
• Essential fatty acid deficiency signs
• Overall indication of liver stress / toxic load
• Inadequate hydration
• The potential for blood clotting
How do I get tested?
• The service is performed by your Naturopathic Doctor as part of an initial assessment or follow up appointment. As an in-office test it may be reimbursed through extended health benefits
• A pinprick of blood taken from the finger, placed onto a glass slide and examined under a darkfield microscope. The image is then projected onto a monitor and reviewed in the same appointment
• These results are used as a part of an assessment of your overall health and to help determine and prioritize next steps in treatment
• Follow up screening is recommended 4-12 weeks later and on an annual basis